It’s 00:00 and it’s been 18 years since a 2.5kg green-eyed Maria Dius with a grade of 9 at birth was born. What a beautiful age, right? What a “round” age (tho it’s anything but round)! I think that every child/teenager waits impatiently for their 18th birthday (and I’m no exception to that), but why? After all, the only things that are new are some extra responsibilities stylised as “privileges”, aren’t they? I won’t lie, I can’t wait to be able to travel on my own and get my driver license. Yet, turning 18 isn’t about that. It’s about what I have become, about the journey and not about the destination. That’s why I decided to share with you some of the things that I’ve learnt about and for myself all this time:
1. you’re beautiful when you smile, although your nose gets crooked.
2. there’s always a reason to smile despite all the reasons to cry
3. time flies and all you can do is live in the present “now”
4. life is too short to fake having fun – if you don’t like the party, just go home, put on a movie and eat a frozen pizza
5. surround yourself with valuable people
6.nothing compares to love, love and be loved
Thanks for being beside me all this time, it’s surreal!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media:
Youtube: Maria Dius
Facebook: Maria Dius @mariadiusthejournal